(Images of Sheltered Yoga Summer Camp Program through HomeFront Mercer Camp at Lawrence Community Center. Many thanks to everyone we worked with at HomeFront/LCC and SY Teachers: Beth Hahn, Katie Gardner, Erica Vogler, and Cathy Bailey.)
A few weeks ago I sent out the End of the Year letter and donation form- by the way, if anyone didn’t receive one…and you LOVE Sheltered Yoga and you want to donate…PLEASE let me know or go online and donate today at: DONATE Everything helps to make the individuals we serve find Hope & Love again!
When putting together the letter, with many thanks to Gabby Rodriguez, Sheltered Yoga’s new Executive Assistant (special thanks to Younok & Remy Dumortier for supporting this position), I was forced to stop and take a full inventory on this jam packed year. WOW! It has been a whirlwind that will continue right into 2018, which is okay by me.
Here are just some of the highlights:
* We opened several new locations in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and now in Delaware! So exciting!
* We are serving and positively impacting over 4,500 children and adults per year.
* We have significantly increased our populations of Veterans, individuals with severe mental and physical illnesses, incarcerated moms and their babies, individuals in recovery, opioid addicts, individuals in reentry programs, teens living in group homes, and children and adults living in poverty.
* We had our first very successful Annual Wine and Cheese event at the beautiful Morven Museum & Gardens (thank you Martha & Mike Mayo for supporting and hosting this event)
* We have had many foundations and corporations continue to support us, such as; Sanofi Pharmaceutical, Omega Institute, YogaSoul Yoga Studio, Douty Foundation, Seybert Foundation, Lululemon Athletica, Johnson & Johnson, and many others. We are so grateful to you.
* We held our first ‘sponsored’ Sheltered Yoga Curriculum Training, thanks to Lululemon, to help increase our teacher database and expand our reach.
* We have lots of help behind the scenes now from Gabby Rodriguez, Judy Wysocki (grants scout), and as always, my hubbie, Michael Kostinas.
* I had beautiful, complimentary head shots taken of me for SY Press by Kapu Patel Photography based out of Princeton- with the help of Meena Tiwari for making me look so pretty.
* We received a bunch of new mats for classes through Give Back Yoga & Gaiam.
* AND we are currently working on our 2nd Annual Golf & Spa Event happening Sunday, May 20th– SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!! And if you would like to become a member of this event committee, please get in touch with us! We need all the help we can get! Find the save the date flyer below. If you can, please POST at your place of business (and on your fridge!) It also gives all sponsorship opportunities on the website at: www.SYGolfandSpaEvent.com
WOW, that’s a lot of stuff going on! And we have SO MUCH MORE planned for 2018. I am very excited. Want to get involved? Please email me and let me know… email@example.com
(These are pics from our 2nd Annual End of Summer event for the Greater Trenton Area kids. This year’s event theme…Kicks, Karma, & Kindness!)
A VERY SPECIAL THANKS to Princeton Academy of Martial Arts (www.PAMAUSA.com) for housing over 60 kids and several adult staff and volunteers for this event that included a healthy breakfast, lunch & snacks, yoga, mindfulness workshop, martial arts training & history, and a big bag of goodies that included school supplies, snacks, and toys. Sheltered Yoga would like to give a huge thanks to Yoga Soul Studio for fundraising for the second year in a row to sponsor this event, Sanofi Pharmaceutical, Sanofi Foundation for North America, and Kay Lavsi and ALL the volunteers from Sanofi who did an absolutely AMAZING job helping us pull the event together for a second year in a row, as well as sponsoring the breakfast, lunch, and goodie bags, and other significant sponsors such as, Avi Prabhakar, Johnson & Johnson, and Hamilton Dental Associates. Special thanks to Sam Levine for helping me convince the guys to have us use their location!!! Hahaha
What an absolutely FUN year it has been. I hope to see more new faces to Sheltered Yoga in 2018 through volunteering, sponsorship, teaching/teacher training, and event planning and attending. Interested in getting more involved with our beautiful organization? Please contact us… firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Have a fantastic 2018 everyone.